Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Our organically crafted Ceylon Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is steam distilled from the spicy green leaves of the small Cinnamomum zeylanicum evergreen tree, also known as the True Cinnamon tree, growing wild in the forests of Sri Lanka. Reminiscent of a freshly baked apple pie, this spice essential oil has a stunning spicy, resinous, warm, radiant, woodsy aroma. Cinnamon Leaf Oil is one of the most recognizable essences even among those who are unfamiliar with aromatherapy.
Cinnamomum zeylanicum, also called Cinnamomum verum is generally referred to as Ceylon Cinnamon; Ceylon being the old, pre-independence name for Sri Lanka, the native home of True cinnamon. Cinnamon has a long history of culinary uses, adding spice to desserts, entrees, and hot drinks.
PART USED Leaves
SYNONYMS Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume
Cinnamomum verum J.Presl
COMMON NAMES Ceylon Cinnamon, True Cinnamon
EXTRACTION METHOD Steam Distilled Essential Oil
ORIGIN Sri Lanka
NOTE CLASSIFICATION Middle Note
REPORTED BENEFITS AND USES
Pungent, spicy and warming, Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is helpful with pain and inflammation management, especially for conditions like chronic inflammation. Applied topically in extremely low concentration in a carrier oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil assists in restoring ease and comfort to tired, fatigued or overworked muscles and joints. Cinnamon nourishes and restores the body's own ability to produce a healing response. Along with helping to support pain and inflammation management, Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is a powerful immune support and can help reduce the presence of unwanted fungal or viral activity. Diffusion of Cinnamon Oil can energize a sluggish mind and can be useful to inspire creativity, to awaken the senses and to stimulate the appetite.
Emotionally and energetically, Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil warms and inspires. This essential oil fosters greater self-confidence and increases self-assurance. Due to the inherent strength of this essential oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil is often used to provide additional emotional support and increase energy when one is feeling exhausted or run down mentally. Cinnamon Leaf Oil can also be used to create a sensual atmosphere, because of its potent aphrodisiac properties.
- Add a few drops of the oil to wool laundry drying balls. As the balls mingle and fluff damp fabric in the dryer, the scent is transferred. I love adding essential oils when laundering bedding or towels.
- Mix a tablespoon of pure coconut oil with two to three drops of cinnamon essential oil, and place it in a wax warmer. As the coconut oil melts, the essential oil scent is released into the air.
- Place a few drops of cinnamon oil in a homemade cleanser. As you wipe down surfaces, the oil leaves behind a nontoxic scent that some studies claim may help reduce bacteria growth. You can read these and decide for yourself in Public Library of Science (PLoS) ONE and Food Control.
- Place a few drops of oil in your bath water. As you soak, the aroma fills your bathroom and creates a calm feeling.
- Put one drop of cinnamon essential oil on the back of your pillowcase to promote restful sleep.
- Mix a drop or two of cinnamon oil into massage oil before indulging.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh